Thursday, June 25, 2009

I had to address this.

Farrah was tragic, but I am glad she isn't in pain anymore. I am glad she is finally at rest. She was an icon for a generation.

But she was not as big of a part of my life, especially my childhood development, as Michael Jackson.

Photobucket

Yeah, he was batshit insane. But that doesn't change the fact that I knew the "Thriller" album from start to finish by the time I was 2, or that I had the "Bad" album the same way by the time I was 5. The tapes in the car would go from "There's a Hole in the Bucket" to "Man in the Mirror" regularly.

I watched "The Making of Captain EO," on betamax until I wore it out. My mom and dad taped it off TV for me and I watched it religiously. I never got to get to Epcot to see it. It was something that always made me sad. When Jacko went Wacko, it was truly a sad moment for me. A childhood icon, hell, a childhood friend to a strange, only child was gone, destroyed. But he was always singing in the back of my head.

You will be missed, Michael. So sorry you went crazy, that you became the pariah that you became. I think alot of people forgot about that today, at least for a moment. They remembered you at your best, the unrivaled King of Pop, at the moment you touched their lives the most.

Rest In Peace, Mr. Jackson. I'll always remember you at your best. I thank you for being part of my life.

A link to "Thriller" in its entirety, embedding disabled by request


I found "The Making of Captain EO," on Youtube. Part 1 above the cut, 2&3 below, along with "Captain EO," in its entirety and a collection of MJ pics I gathered up today. I hope you enjoy.















The actual Full Length "Captain EO"









Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


You will be missed.

1 comment:

  1. You said it, girl. You and I are of a generation that still remembers him as the end all be all of entertainers. There will never be another Michael Jackson.

    ReplyDelete